Thursday, April 10, 2008

Works in Progress



I'm definitely moving ahead on these projects! Half the pillow is done, and it is gorgeous. This is a very simple pattern. The first 6 rows are garter stitch on needle size 6, the rusched portions are achieved by increasing one stitch in every stitch (doubling your stitch count), and then knitting with a different colorway on needles 2 sizes bigger for 6 rows again, and alternating these rows. I'm also working on my class project, the Satchel. This is for Stephen's Graduation, and I've finished the bag portion, just working now on the strap. I'll be also adding pockets and I'm still figuring out a computer sleeve. Stephen asked for that, I'll try to customize this a little further. The stripes are based on stripes of 4's: 4 - 8 -8 - 4 -4 -4 - 8 - 8 - 4. It makes the knitting go faster, plus you are automatically keeping track on row counts.



Okay, I also wanted to throw in this picture of the first day of class. It may be indicative of how the class will go. Laurie's yarn pooped a big mess. We have a great group of knitters, some new, some been doing it awhile. Everyone is almost done, and I'm sure we will be hitting the laundrymat next week. If anyone reads this, bring some quarters!

No comments: