Monday, September 8, 2008

The Knewest Knit

Well, as usual I can't knit just one project, but many, many projects! There have been hats, pillows, mini-bags, a felted bag, socks, and some things only because I loved the yarn. And I know I"m committed to more: mittens, another baby bottle. I'm vowing right now to finish a sweater soon - no firm deadline though - for my husband. But I suppose the project that has taken the most time and thought process is this bag, called the "Lucy Bag". Essentially, it's quite simple and plain really, so I felt inclined to add to it. I thought leaves vining up the handle might look good. I've been quite busy putting together
a new window display for Wild Purls, and had come up with the idea of growing an apple orchard in the window. The apples required their own embellishments so knitted leaves were created. which led me to believe I could also use these leaves for the Lucy Bag. The bag itself is knit from Lamb's Pride Worsted. This yarn is quickly becoming my favorite for felting. It has a touch of mohair, which lends it some fuzzy appeal. The leaves are knitted from some stash yarn, a Rowan Felted Tweed, in green and purple and done on a size 1 needle.. The leaves are a variety of sizes for a somewhat realistic look and were appliqued on both handles.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Wow, Linda, that is so pretty!!