Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I VOW TO FINISH THIS SWEATER!

Yeah, my husband's heard this before. I know I've said that a million - no - bazillion - times before. But I mean it this time! Yes, I've been working on it for over a year now. Yes, I've put it down and picked it up at least 5 times through out the year.
It's the sleeves. I've reworked the sleeves - oh, I don't know - maybe 3 or 4 times.
I've finally landed on the real problem. Any real knitter would have figured this in on day one, but I never said I was a real knitter. The problem is not the stitch gauge, it's the row gauge. My #5 needle is perfect for stitches per inch, but too tiny for the rows per inch. With this needle, my sleeves are too wide and too short. Common problem, I'm sure, but not for an idiot like this one. I . . . think . . . I've got the problem worked out (on paper and in my head) so pray for the Mister that he'll get his 2007 Christmas present in 2008.

No comments: