Thursday, December 4, 2008

New Sweater for the Jaz man


I've finished a sweater for Jasper - the kids almost alway say they don't want anything hand-knit, but if you keep your pattern books around long enough, they'll check them out and let you know if they like anything they see. It's better to let them call the shots on patterns and colors. The chances they'll actually wear it is a hundred times higher. Jasper chose the "Hacky Sack Hoodie" It's built like a sweatshirt, and is knit from the top-down. It is easy, easy, easy - that is, unless it didn't fit at the end. (It did) He picked out the yarn and the colors, so he won't have any recourse, but to wear it when it's done. He chose Lamb's Pride Worsted in Roasted Coffee and and a Noro Kureyon yarn # 207. It's taken from the book "Son of a Stitch and Bitch" which seems to be a good book for him. I've also made the "Half-Pipe Hat" for him. In fact, that will be a class in February at Wild Purls. I'll tackle that in a later post.
I added a couple of things that weren't in the pattern; namely a thumb hole, which seems to be a necessity, and ribbing at the pocket and hood/neckline.
For a kid who said "I probably won't be wearing this much, I haven't been able to get it off him to go get it cleaned!

1 comment:

Anne O'Nymous said...

I'm one of the flakes on the-panopticon who was all twitchy about the "Knitting Becomes a Habit" T shirts. As an insider, do you have access to more? I'll pay an exorbitant price....

My verification is brimem, which sounds a little like my heart saying "bring'em," but I've been raised by people to act right (most of the time), so if I don't hear from you, no blood, no foul.

The felted bag with leaves makes me want to leave work now to go home and knit.

Thanks.